When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.
Benjamin Franklin 1746
"To provide professional, technical, and educational leadership in the advancement of the ground water industry and in the promotion, protection and responsible use of ground water resources."
OGWA facilitates accessible worthwhile seminars, conferences and opportunities for idea exchange and problem solving amongst members and interested parties. OGWA has an interest in education as ongoing protection of ground water can only occur if the public and industry are knowledgeable.
OGWAs goals are to:
- Continually serve as recognized stewards of ground water in Ontario
- Promote the understanding of scientific, technical, legal, and public policy aspects of ground water
- Provide a forum for exchange of information among ground water professionals, governmental representatives, and other interested parties on all aspects of ground water resources
- Disseminate information to governments, schools, and civic professional organizations, and educate the general public regarding ground water resources
- Promote professional awareness and technical skills among ground water professionals
- Be a clearinghouse for complaints
- Be self governing, allowing OGWA an opportunity to guide members and ground water professionals in proper construction and utilization of ground water
- Develop strong partnerships to further these goals
About our Members
All trades members of the Ontario Ground Water Association are fully licenced and insured under the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) Regulation 903. It is illegal to work on and seek remuneration for working on water wells or pumping systems for water wells in the Province of Ontario without a Well Contractors Licence for the company and Well Technicians Licence for the individual.