- Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (PGO) - PGO governs the practice of professional geoscience in Ontario and reports to the Minister of Northern Development and Mines.
- Professional Engineers of Ontario - the licensing and regulating body for engineering in the province.
- National Ground Water Association - U.S. and international groundwater professionals - contractors, scientists and engineers, equipment manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Canadian Water Quality Association - representing the Canadian water quality improvement industry.
- Ontario Onsite Wastewater Association - representing the onsite and decentralized wastewater industry in Ontario, including educators, regulators, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, service providers, and other parties.
- Hydrogeologists Without Borders - a Canadian non-profit organization, and registered charity, based in Calgary that focuses on linking the field of hydrogeology (study of groundwater) to the WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) sector of international program development.
- Canadian National Ground Water Association – a Canadian non-profit consisting of members of the ground water industry from coast to coast to coast in Canada incorporated in October of 2019 to represent a united ground water industry advocating governments and industries to protect and improve the quality of ground water resources while preparing future generations in the industry through outreach, education, and accreditation.
- Ministry of the Environment
- Wells on your property - Information and rules for residential well owners and additional resources
- Well Aware A Well Owners Video (DVD) contact our office for copies
- Map: Well Record Data - This interactive map allows you to search and view well record information from reported wells in Ontario
- Map: Permits to take water - Search for and view water-taking locations linked to active permits across Ontario
- Well Records - How to complete, submit, or get a copy of a well record
- Well Construction - Rules for the person who is constructing a new water supply well
- Technical Bulletins on Well Construction
- Water Supply Wells: Requirements & Best Practices
- Ontario Water Resources Act - R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 903
- Well Contractor Licence - How to get a well contractor licence
- Well Technician Licence - How to become a licensed well technician
- How do I add a new class to my existing well technician licence?
- Ministry of Health - Small Drinking Water Systems
- Testing Well Water - a video with steps to properly test your water using the sample bottles provided by your local Public Health Units in Ontario (produced by the Communications Office of the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit)
- Notice of Exemption from Treatment Equipment - Non-Municipal Year Round Residential Drinking Water System
- Find your local Public Health Unit for free well water testing for E.Coli and Coliform bacteria. Check your water spring, summer, and fall.
- Lifewater.ca - is a group of volunteers that trains, equips & supports the rural poor in Haiti & Africa to drill wells and build washrooms. Find out more.
- Ontario Groundwater - Water Wells Map Created to provide easier access to Ontario's well data. Check out more information at the OGSR Library
- Groundwater 2.0 Project (GW2.0) - is a living textbook facilitated through Hydrogeologists Without Borders which builds off of Alan Freeze and John Cherrys Groundwater (1979) textbook. GW2.0 will evolve to include new chapters and revisions to previous chapters. The goal of GW2.0 is to provide an Open Access textbook to ensure that both developed and developing countries have free access to an invaluable groundwater resource.
- Well Wise Water Testing Program- administered by the Ontario Ground Water Association provides cost effective water testing for things other than bacteria in your water. Metals, minerals, salts, fuels, solvents, fluoride, mercury, sulfate, tannin/lignin, pesticides/herbicides, and glyphosates. Test bottles are shipped to you with return freight included. Not for Profit water testing.
- Water Policy and Governance Group: a multi-university, collaborative research team based at the University of Waterloo focused on water governance and water policy, emphasizing Canadian experiences.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Private Water Well Stewardship in Ontario
Summary of the Findings of the Ontario Household Water Well Owner Survey 2008